If you’re a fan of chicken wings, you’re in for a treat with this recipe for Fried Wing Flats Drizzled With Honey Lemon Pepper. This dish is perfect for game day, a family dinner, or even a party appetizer. The combination of crispy fried chicken wings with a sweet and tangy honey lemon pepper sauce is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
To make this dish, you’ll need chicken wings, vegetable oil, all-purpose flour, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, honey, and lemon pepper seasoning. After frying the chicken wings until they’re golden brown and cooked through, you’ll drizzle them with the honey lemon pepper sauce, which is made by mixing honey and lemon pepper seasoning. The result is a deliciously crispy, sweet, and savory dish that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
- 3 lbs of wings
- 1 tsp adobo
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- Wash chicken add to a bowl then add all seasonings above and 2 eggs mix well .
- In another bowl add allpurpose flour
- Dip seasoned chicken into flour mixture then fry in vegetable oil for 6 miniutes per side add glaze to hit hot chicken. Serve and enjoy!
- Sauce recipe!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon pepper or more to suit your taste.
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Melt butter in sauce pan then add lemon juice black pepper, lemon pepper and honey bring to a boil then remove from stove.
Note: melt the butter on like low heat dont let it burn .you need to see the yellow lemon pepper colour when you add it to the chicken wings!
Variations and Twists
Looking to switch up the flavor of your Fried Wing Flats Drizzled With Honey Lemon Pepper? Here are a few variations and twists you can try out:
While the honey lemon pepper seasoning is delicious, you can also try out different spice blends to give your wings a unique flavor. Here are a few ideas:
- Cajun seasoning: Add some heat to your wings with a Cajun seasoning blend. This will give your wings a spicy kick.
- Garlic and herb seasoning: If you’re a fan of garlic, try using a garlic and herb seasoning blend. This will give your wings a savory, garlicky flavor.
- BBQ seasoning: For a smoky flavor, try using a BBQ seasoning blend. This will give your wings a sweet and tangy taste.
Dipping Sauce Options
While the honey lemon pepper drizzle is delicious on its own, you can also serve your wings with a variety of dipping sauces. Here are a few options to try out:
- Ranch: Ranch dressing is a classic dipping sauce for wings. The cool and creamy flavor pairs well with the spicy wings.
- Blue cheese: If you’re a fan of blue cheese, try serving your wings with a blue cheese dipping sauce. The tangy flavor of the cheese complements the spicy wings.
- Honey mustard: For a sweet and tangy dipping sauce, try using honey mustard. This will give your wings a different flavor profile than the honey lemon pepper drizzle.
Experiment with different seasonings and dipping sauces to find your favorite combination. With so many options, you’re sure to find a flavor you love.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you prepare lemon pepper wings?
To prepare lemon pepper wings, you need to season the chicken wings with lemon pepper seasoning. You can make the seasoning by mixing lemon zest, black pepper, and salt. Once the seasoning is ready, coat the chicken wings with it. You can either bake or fry the wings to cook them. If you want to fry them, you can dip the wings in a batter made of flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and spices. Fry the wings in hot oil until they are crispy and golden brown.
What ingredients are needed for a honey lemon pepper sauce?
To make honey lemon pepper sauce, you will need honey, lemon juice, black pepper, salt, and butter. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the lemon juice, honey, black pepper, and salt. Cook the mixture until it thickens and becomes syrupy. Once the sauce is ready, drizzle it over the fried wing flats.
Can you make honey lemon pepper flats in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make honey lemon pepper flats in an air fryer. To do so, you need to season the chicken flats with lemon pepper seasoning and coat them with flour. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and spray the chicken flats with cooking spray. Cook the chicken flats in the air fryer for 10-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Once the flats are cooked, drizzle the honey lemon pepper sauce over them.
What is the best way to ensure crispy skin on fried wing flats?
To ensure crispy skin on fried wing flats, you need to make sure that the chicken is dry before you coat it with flour. You can pat the chicken dry with paper towels or let it air dry in the refrigerator for a few hours. Also, make sure that the oil is hot enough before you add the chicken to the pan. The ideal temperature for frying chicken is between 350°F and 375°F. Fry the chicken in small batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, which can cause the chicken to steam instead of fry.
Are there any special techniques for drizzling sauce on wings?
To drizzle sauce on wings, you can use a spoon or a squeeze bottle. If you are using a spoon, dip it into the sauce and let the excess sauce drip off before you drizzle it over the wings. If you are using a squeeze bottle, fill it with the sauce and squeeze it gently over the wings. You can also toss the wings in the sauce to coat them evenly.
What side dishes pair well with honey lemon pepper wings?
Honey lemon pepper wings pair well with a variety of side dishes. Some popular options include coleslaw, mac and cheese, potato salad, corn on the cob, and roasted vegetables. You can also serve the wings with dipping sauces like ranch, blue cheese, or barbecue sauce.